Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
This version of Irish Soda Bread combines the sweetness of raisins and the richness of caraway with the lightness of a bread. The result is an inviting loaf equally at home in soft slices on your table or fresh from the toaster for a winning breakfast! From Electric Bread.
- Combine according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Success Hints: Golden raisins give this bread its light flavor and look.
- Dark raisins may be subsituted but will make a darker, slightly heavier loaf.
- The sugar in the raisins creates a darker crust; use your machine's"light crust setting" if it has one.
- Dried butter milk can generally be found in the baking goods section of your supermarket.
- If you can't find buttermilk, regular dried milk can be substituted.
- If using delayed time bake, place raisins atop dry ingredients away from liquid.
- This recipe can be made using the regular, rapid and delayed time bake cycles.