2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This version of Irish Soda Bread combines the sweetness of raisins and the richness of caraway with the lightness of a bread. The result is an inviting loaf equally at home in soft slices on your table or fresh from the toaster for a winning breakfast! From Electric Bread.
My Private Note
pound l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine according to your manufacturer's directions.
- 2Success Hints: Golden raisins give this bread its light flavor and look.
- 3Dark raisins may be subsituted but will make a darker, slightly heavier loaf.
- 4The sugar in the raisins creates a darker crust; use your machine's"light crust setting" if it has one.
- 5Dried butter milk can generally be found in the baking goods section of your supermarket.
- 6If you can't find buttermilk, regular dried milk can be substituted.
- 7If using delayed time bake, place raisins atop dry ingredients away from liquid.
- 8This recipe can be made using the regular, rapid and delayed time bake cycles.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Soda Bread (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (865 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1430.8
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 2562.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 284.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 70.5 g
- Protein 34.6 g