Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This version of Irish Soda Bread combines the sweetness of raisins and the richness of caraway with the lightness of a bread. The result is an inviting loaf equally at home in soft slices on your table or fresh from the toaster for a winning breakfast! From Electric Bread.
- Combine according to your manufacturer's directions.
- Success Hints: Golden raisins give this bread its light flavor and look.
- Dark raisins may be subsituted but will make a darker, slightly heavier loaf.
- The sugar in the raisins creates a darker crust; use your machine's"light crust setting" if it has one.
- Dried butter milk can generally be found in the baking goods section of your supermarket.
- If you can't find buttermilk, regular dried milk can be substituted.
- If using delayed time bake, place raisins atop dry ingredients away from liquid.
- This recipe can be made using the regular, rapid and delayed time bake cycles.
Great Soda Bread, I'm eating some right now. Good texture amd color, smelled great baking. Yummy toasted, DH loves it. I added about 1/2 cup of dried cramberries along with the raisins. Recipe is a KEEPER. Thank you Bev.
Great bread, Bev. Made it yesterday and it is gone today. Thanks. Mary
This bread was so yummy! A little bit a sweet but not too sweet to have with a meal. But sweet enough to eat on it's own as a treat! However, my raisins did NOT incorporate into my bread. They were all on the outside and just fell off. Also, I baked it on the quick bread setting and it worked fine. I also set it on the Light setting and it could have been more brown. Maybe the medium settting would have been better for us?