Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A hearty bread to complement any table. This Soda Bread uses lowfat Yogurt. This is also good adding 2 teaspoons caraway seeds. The recipe comes from Stoneyfeild Farm.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dried currant
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until clumps are pea-sized.Stir in currants and yogurt.
- Turn the dough onto a floured cutting board, knead 1 minute, and shape into a round loaf;
- Slice an x in the top of a loaf and bake on a greased baking sheet for 45-50 minutes,yields one 8-inch loaf.
Lovely. Really "Irish" soda bread is just a scone, isn't it? I added caraway seeds. So tender and luscious. Perfect with corned beef, scalloped cabbage and white beans with paprika. MMmmmmmm!
Really good! Used Stoneyfield Farms fat free plain yogurt with good results. Love caraway seeds in soda bread but forgot to add them, definitely will next time. Really liked this healthy version. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was great! I will definitely make this again, though I want to try different dried fruits next time. Thanks!