1/1 Photo of Irish Soda Bread
Source: "Irish Heritage Cookbook" Adopted 9/06 (Mean Chef)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- 2Lightly grease a baking sheet or line it with.
- 3parchment paper.
- 4In a large bowl, stir the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
- 5In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, and oil together.
- 6Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk mixture.
- 7Add the caraway seeds and raisins.
- 8Stir until a soft dough has formed.
- 9Shape the dough into a large ball on a lightly floured board (flour your hands if necessary for easier handling).
- 10With a sharp knife, make a cross on the top.
- 11Place on the prepared pan.
- 12Brush the top with the milk.
- 13Bake in the center of the oven until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Soda Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3227.1
- Calories from Fat 660
- Total Fat 73.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 386.3 mg
- Sodium 4809.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 567.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.9 g
- Sugars 152.1 g
- Protein 80.6 g