Irish Soda Bread
Make and share this Irish Soda Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, sugar and salt to a large bowl; mix well.
- Add all of the buttermilk at once; stir until soft dough forms.
- It might be a little lumpy, but don't worry about it at this point.
- Pour contents of bowl out onto the counter.
- Knead for a minute or so until blended.
- Divide dough into two portions.
- Shape each portion into a round loaf with lightly flattened tops.
- Put loaves on large ungreased baking sheet, preferably the nonstick kind.
- Sprinkle some additional flour on top of each loaf and with a sharp knife, cut a cross in two slashes across the top of each loaf.
- Let the loaves sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 2 loaves.