Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I got this recipe from a television show.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the buttermilk and stir just until all the flour is moistened.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead approximately one minute.
- Place on a floured baking sheet.
- Cut a deep cross in the bread with a sharp knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes until crust is deep brown and the center is cooked. (200 degrees internal temperature.).