Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My sister gave me this recipe. Since it's so easy and so delicious, I'm asked to make it all the time and have given the recipe to countless numbers of people.
- 3 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins (dark, light or mixed)
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Butter and flour casserole dish.
- Blend dry ingredients thoroughly. Add raisins and seeds and mix well. Add milk and egg. Blend well.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Bake for one hour. Turn out on rack to cool.
- TIP: Soak raisins in hot water for about 10 minutes. Drain well. Coat raisins in blended dry mixture before adding remaining ingredients.