Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Mix all ingredients.
- Knead and shape with hands.
- Bake in 9 inch pie plate.
- Temperature: 375-400 F (190-205 C) Time: 30-40 minutes.
- Ready when tapped and it sounds hollow.
I just read and re-read your recipe....how much baking SODA do you put in the recipe? Please get back to me...I would like to try this recipe. Thanks
Very easy and good! I made it with spelt flour instead of wheat, and soy milk. Used both the raisins and caraway. I made 1/3 of the recipe since I was the only one here to eat it; I baked it for 20 minutes in the toaster oven at about 360 F, on the greased toaster oven pan.