- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semolina
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1⁄3 cup superfine sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup dried currant
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 325.
- sift the flour and salt into a bowl and mix in semolina.
- beat together the butter, sugar and lemon zest.
- stir in flour mixture and currants.
- work the dough with your hands til it clumps together.
- mold into a flattened ball and place on nonstick baking sheet.
- press the dough into 9 1/2 inch circle.
- trim edges neatly and make indentations on edges with a fork and prick the surface all over top.
- bake 35 minutes.
- cut into 12 wedges.