This is another recipe my Gram serves with her high tea
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 325.
- 2sift the flour and salt into a bowl and mix in semolina.
- 3beat together the butter, sugar and lemon zest.
- 4stir in flour mixture and currants.
- 5work the dough with your hands til it clumps together.
- 6mold into a flattened ball and place on nonstick baking sheet.
- 7press the dough into 9 1/2 inch circle.
- 8trim edges neatly and make indentations on edges with a fork and prick the surface all over top.
- 9bake 35 minutes.
- 10cut into 12 wedges.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Shortbread With Currants
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 126.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of