Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the most amazing shortbread ever. Flaky and rich, and very very simple, I've never had a shortbread that compares to it.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Sift in cornstarch and flour; mix well.
- Press into a 10 3/4 by 7 inch pan.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in preheated 275 F oven for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 250 F and bake 1 to 1 1/2 hours longer.
- Remove from pan and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into 20 finger shaped cookies.
This is without a doubt the BEST short bread recipe I have ever made. I followed this recipe to a
What a lovely recipe Anissa. We really enjoyed these quick and easy to make cookies. Who would have thought just a few ingredients could taste so good. My dh was in heaven, he forbid me to share these with the neighbors. He wants them all for himself. They were crisp and tender and oh so delicious. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall Pac 2011