Recipe by Babybuttons
It is said that there are as many ways to make a scone as there are cooks making it. This is my family's scone recipe. I hope you all enjoy it.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Crisco
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, and baking power.
- Rub in the Crisco and add raisins.
- Beat together the milk and eggs and add to the dry.
- Bake at 350°F; the size pan used will determine how long:.
- 10 3/4 inch cast iron frying pan: 1 hour.
- 8 inch cake pan: 30-35 minutes.