Recipe by annconnolly
This is a great St. Patty's day dish for those who don't care for the traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage meal. Jacket or mashed potatoes, and a cooked green vegetable (possibly broccoli) go well with this, since the sauce is so rich.
- 3 lbs sirloin tip roast
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 10 ounces red wine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C/350°F Wipe meat, season and place in a roasting pan. Place pan in oven and cook for one hour.
- Add the whiskey and wine to the pan.
- Cook for a further hour, basting once more. Remove the roast from the pan, place.
- on a serving dish and keep warm.
- Pour off excess fat from the meat juices, adding water to bring to about 15 oz.
- Beat the butter into the flour to form a smooth paste. Add a little of the juices to this and mix well, then pour onto juices, mixing again, and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes to cook flour.
- Correct the seasoning. If the sauce is too
- thick, add a little more water.
- Serve separately in a gravy boat.