1/4 Photos of Irish Roast Pork With Cider Cream Sauce
2 hrs 25 mins
A golden crust and apple-flavoured sauce add to this dish's appeal for entertaining. Choose a long, slender roast (rather than short and thick) because even though they cook in the same time, the slender one will be easier to slice and look more attractive on plates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 lb) boneless center cut pork loin roast or 1 (3 lb) rolled boneless pork roast, tied
- 1In small bowl, mix oil, garlic, sage, thyme, or 1/2 tsp crumbled dried sage and thyme) salt and pepper; rub all over roast. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.).
- 2Place roast on rack in roasting pan. Roast in 375°F (190°C) oven (or 350°F/180°C in convection oven) until meat thermometer inserted into centre registers 160°F (71°C), about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- 3Cider Cream: Meanwhile, skim fat from pan juices. Add butter and melt over medium heat; fry apples and onion, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add cider and bring to boil, scraping up any brown bits. Stir in stock, cream and mustard; boil until reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- 4In small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1 tbsp (25 mL) cold water; whisk into sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Serve with pork. Serves 8.
- 5Canadian Living Magazine: March 2007.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Roast Pork With Cider Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.5
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.2 mg
- Sodium 422.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 35.3 g