Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is different than the Irish soda bread that you often see out.
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups flour
- 3 -4 teaspoons baking powder (1 teaspoon for every cup flour)
- grain salt
- table sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 15 ounces raisins
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Add the raisins to the mixture and dredge, break up the raisins and rub them to get them coated in the flour mixture.
- Pour milk and egg into the middle of the mixture, stir, add 3 tbl melted butter.
- Mix well, put the mixture into a 9" round pan for baking. Sprinkle top generously with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.