1/8 Photos of Irish Pub Beef Stew
5 hrs 25 mins
5 hrs 5 mins
Start this Sunday Morning and your ready for kick-off!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef, cut into chunks (splurge on the cut if you can)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 large potatoes, cut into chunks (I don't peel carrots or spuds but you can if you like)
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 4 onions, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup good quality cooking sherry
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- 2In a heavy skillet brown the beef in the butter over medium high heat.
- 3Add the soup and water and stir well.
- 4Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once.
- 5Transfer to a cast iron dutch oven or oven proof pot and cook in the oven, covered for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 6Remove from oven, remove bay leaves and serve with Irish Soda Bread and butter.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Pub Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1714.4
- Calories from Fat 1199
- Total Fat 133.2 g
- Saturated Fat 57.7 g
- Cholesterol 199.0 mg
- Sodium 1688.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 24.8 g