Cook5 hrs 5 mins
Start this Sunday Morning and your ready for kick-off!
Make and share this Irish Pub Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, cut into chunks (splurge on the cut if you can)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can water
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 large potatoes, cut into chunks (I don't peel carrots or spuds but you can if you like)
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 4 onions, cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup good quality cooking sherry
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- In a heavy skillet brown the beef in the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the soup and water and stir well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring once.
- Transfer to a cast iron dutch oven or oven proof pot and cook in the oven, covered for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven, remove bay leaves and serve with Irish Soda Bread and butter.