Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
No, there are no potatoes in these addictive little candies. They are oblong shaped and rolled in cinnamon to resemble cute little potatoes! They are a tradition in our area and they are scrumptious. We wait all year for St. Patrick's Day so we can scarf these cuties down. Try them, you'll find yourself wishing you had made more. You will probably have to hide them if you want to have any left for St. Patrick's Day! That's what I do.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar (1 box)
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients except cinnamon together with a fork. Refrigerate 1 hour to harden a little so that it's easier to handle.
- Form into oval balls about the size of a shelled brazil nut. Roll in cinnamon and refrigerate. Try not to eat them all while your making them!
- Don't leave them out of the refrigerator for too much more than an hour because the cream cheese will start to weep into the pretty cinnamon coating.