1/6 Photos of Irish Potatoes Candy
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe contains no potatoes. It gets it name from the look of the candy. I have not tried this recipe myself. It is for an ISO request. Recipe says you can also dip in melted chocolate for Easter eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: Be sure to use regular cream cheese, not whipped or reduced fat type.
- 2In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- 3Add vanilla and confectioners' sugar.
- 4Beat until mixture forms a ball.
- 5Stir in coconut with a spoon.
- 6Roll the mixture between your hands to form small potato-shaped candies or roll into small balls.
- 7Place cinnamon in a shallow dish and roll the balls in it.
- 8Place the balls on a cookie sheet and chill for about 1 hour or until firm.
- 9If you prefer "dirtier potatoes" roll the candy a second time after they have chilled.
- 10Alternatively dip in melted chocolate for Easter eggs.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Potatoes Candy
Serving Size: 1 (835 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 717.1
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 260.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 106.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g