Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe contains no potatoes. It gets it name from the look of the candy. I have not tried this recipe myself. It is for an ISO request. Recipe says you can also dip in melted chocolate for Easter eggs.
- NOTE: Be sure to use regular cream cheese, not whipped or reduced fat type.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add vanilla and confectioners' sugar.
- Beat until mixture forms a ball.
- Stir in coconut with a spoon.
- Roll the mixture between your hands to form small potato-shaped candies or roll into small balls.
- Place cinnamon in a shallow dish and roll the balls in it.
- Place the balls on a cookie sheet and chill for about 1 hour or until firm.
- If you prefer "dirtier potatoes" roll the candy a second time after they have chilled.
- Alternatively dip in melted chocolate for Easter eggs.
I was a bit skeptical at first, but these turned out so cute and tasty! I did use more cinnamon than stated, and pouring some cinnamon in a plastic bag and shaking a few "potatoes" at a time worked a lot faster and less messy than rolling. Next year when my little girl is a bit older I'll have her help me...perfect for kids to do! Thanks so much for the recipe...everyone was in love with them.
My family loved these. Very easy and quick to make, too. I needed more than 1 tbl of cinnamon, but other than that, followed exact. Thanks!
They were very tasty but a little twist. I used pumpkin spice instead of cinnamon.