Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
THERE ARE NO POTATOES IN THIS CANDY, they're just called that for some reason. These are very yummy and sweet, especially to coconut lovers. I got this recipe from my teacher in school, he would make these with the 6th and 5th grade on St. Patrick's day. I'm not positive on the number of servings though.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and butter. Mix in salt and vanilla.
- Add coconut and gradually add milk until is in rolling consistency.
- Form into balls.
- Put a small amount of cinnamon in the plastic bag and put 2 or 3 balls into the bag.
- Close the bag and shake a few times, make sure that he balls get covered with cinnamon. Add more cinnamon to the bag if needed.
- Take them out of the bag and add 2 ot 3 more, and repeat by shaking the bag until all the balls are done.
My daughter made these for a white elephant gift along with another candy. They easy, quick and good.
My daughter made this, she had a great time and I'm still washing away the icing sugar that got into every nook and cranny. We rolled them in drinking chocolate instead of the cinnamon, though. This is very sweet so I suggest very small potatoes - a little goes a long way. Thanks for the recipe, Little Chef!