Recipe by Sweet Chef
THERE ARE NO POTATOES IN THIS CANDY, they're just called that for some reason. These are very yummy and sweet, especially to coconut lovers. I got this recipe from my teacher in school, he would make these with the 6th and 5th grade on St. Patrick's day. I'm not positive on the number of servings though.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 lb butter, softened
- 6 ounces flaked coconut
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 2 lbs confectioners' sugar
- ground cinnamon
- ziploc bag
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and butter. Mix in salt and vanilla.
- Add coconut and gradually add milk until is in rolling consistency.
- Form into balls.
- Put a small amount of cinnamon in the plastic bag and put 2 or 3 balls into the bag.
- Close the bag and shake a few times, make sure that he balls get covered with cinnamon. Add more cinnamon to the bag if needed.
- Take them out of the bag and add 2 ot 3 more, and repeat by shaking the bag until all the balls are done.