Recipe by coffee31807
Traditional Irish Potato Soup from yourirish.com. Wanting to know the nutritional information and as a safe keeping place.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
This soup is delicious! The flavors together created the perfect soup. I used red potatoes and I opted not to peel them. The cheese I used was aged reserve extra sharp cheese. Plus I added some seasoned salt, but otherwise made as written. My soup didn't thicken that much but that was perfectly fine with me. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.
- 2 tablespoons butter, Irish
- 2 onions, medium sized
- 3 potatoes, large, washed and peeled
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Melt Irish butter in pan. Thinly slice onion & potatoes and add to pan.
- 2. Add the chicken bouillion, celery, dried parsley, garlic, and season with salt & pepper.
- 3. Cover the pan, allowing the vegetables to soften under a low heat, do not let them brown.
- 4. Add milk and mix until soup becomes thick then stir in cheese until fully melted.
- 5. Serve piping hot with a few slices of buttered bread & enjoy.
- 6. Experiment with adding other ingredients.