1/1 Photo of Irish Potato Soup
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Alan in SW Florida's Note:
This soup recipe is adapted from McGuire's Irish Pub in Pensacola, Florida. Perfect for St. Patty's Day, or anytime at all. Tasty and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced (use only the bottom part and rinse thoroughly to remove any grit)
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat; stir in onion and leek. Cover and cook 20 minutes. Stir in potato; cover and cook 15 minutes. Stir in broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- 2Process soup in batches in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides; return to saucepan, and cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- 3Serve with some or all of desired toppings.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.4
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 647.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g