Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
It was Superbowl Sunday and we needed some snacks so I threw this together. It turned out very well and they didn't last long.
- 9 potatoes
- 16 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces bacon
- 9 teaspoons sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons onion salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons seasoning salt
- Clean potatoes and pierce the ends with a fork.
- Place the potatoes (two at a time) in the microwave to cook for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Split the potatoes and scoop half of the inside out with a spoon.
- Season with seasoning salt, onion salt, black pepper, butter, crushed red pepper and minced garlic and place in oven at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Remove and place crushed cooked bacon on potatoes with a layer of half of your cheese and then sour cream.
- Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove and top with the remaining cheese, black pepper (to taste) and any remaining bacon.
- If potatoes are drying out, top with olive oil and place back in oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve (preferably with football on the television and a beer in one hand).