Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My sister saw this recipe on the net somewhere and she gave it to me. I have not tried it yet, but she did and she said they were very GOOD !
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb white potato, washed but not peeled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 whole wheat flour, for dredging
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons horseradish
- In small pan, cook bacon until lightly browned but not crisp, approx 3 minute
- Coarsely grate potatoes into large bowl.
- Add the bacon, cheese, oats, salmon, horseradish, and salt & pepper.
- Add egg and stir to bind together.
- Form into 8 small potato cakes and dust with flour.
- The recipe does not call for them to be pan fried, however my sister did.
- About 5-10 min each side, then served with sauce.