Shirl (J) 831's Note:
My sister saw this recipe on the net somewhere and she gave it to me. I have not tried it yet, but she did and she said they were very GOOD !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 lb white potato, washed but not peeled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 whole wheat flour, for dredging
- oil (for frying)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1In small pan, cook bacon until lightly browned but not crisp, approx 3 minute
- 2Coarsely grate potatoes into large bowl.
- 3Add the bacon, cheese, oats, salmon, horseradish, and salt & pepper.
- 4Add egg and stir to bind together.
- 5Form into 8 small potato cakes and dust with flour.
- 6The recipe does not call for them to be pan fried, however my sister did.
- 7About 5-10 min each side, then served with sauce.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Potato Salmon Cakes With Horseradish Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.0
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 297.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat flour