Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the "Irish Potato Cookbook." Think of it as an Italian-Irish pizza.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 6 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and boil potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain and mash until smooth.
- Add olive oil to make a smooth mixture; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread potato dough into a large even round, onto an oiled and floured baking sheet.
- Add toppings and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.