Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. My husband Michael is Irish and I'm always looking for and trying to find creative ways to honor his heritage. This recipe is a creation I came up with myself using ingredients that make this possible.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Simply Potatoes (depending on number of people)
- 1⁄2-1 head green cabbage, sliced thin and cut into smaller pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (or your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (for searing the cabbage and onion)
- For one package of simply mashed potatoes (I use either the garlic or mashed with skins) spray an 8 x8 glass casserole/pan. In a large skillet cook cabbage & onion in olive oil over medium heat just until tender, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. In casserole dish spread out one layer of potatoes about 1/2 package, then 1/3 of the cheese, then cabbage and onion. Top with remaining potato and cheese. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or cheese is lightly golden brown.