Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Make and share this Irish Potato Brown Bread (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 tablespoon gluten, plus
- 2 teaspoons gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rapid acting yeast (or 2 1/2 t. bread machine yeast)
- Add the ingredients to the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set crust on medium and program for the Whole Wheat cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.
This is my favorite bread recipe from the Bread Machine Bread Lover's Cookbook. I make this bread at least once per week. It is a heavy bread, with wonderful texture and taste. I make the 1 1/2 lb loaf in the Cuisinart break machine. Yummy, highly recommend!