Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 6 whole peeled new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon finely minced scallion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parsley sprig, as garnish
- Combine potatoes and water to cover in a saucepot, over medium heat. Bring to a
- boil and simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain well and mash until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter, sour cream, salt, white pepper, egg, scallions, and
- minced parsley, mix well. Shape into 2-inch diameter balls (2 per portion).
- Cover and chill for 2-24 hours. Place into an ungreased baking pan. Brush with
- melted butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake 375 degrees for 15-20
- minutes, until browned lightly. Arrange onto a serving platter. Garnish with
- parsley sprigs. Serve hot.