Recipe by Bergy
Wonderful as a side dish or for breakfast/Brunch. It is quite high in fat especially if you use dripping to fry them.
Top Review by cynthia912
This was good. I didn't follow messurements and kind of "winged" it. I had a friend who is allergic to wheat come, so I added corn mean instead of flour to make it the right consistancy. I added some green onion and chives too. Good. Will do again
- 4 slices bacon, chopped and crisp fried
- 1 lb mashed potatoes, boiled & mashed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper
- butter or dripping (for frying, I use lite olive oil though not traditional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain your bacon on paper towels.
- Mix the bacon with the mashed potatoes, flour, salt& pepper.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Heat the dripping (butter) (or oil) in a skillet and over medium heat fry the cakes about 5 minutes on each side or until golden, Serve.