Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A meal in itself. Serve with crusty bread. Remove the bacon for a vegetarian option.
- 2 slices streaky bacon (cut into 1cm pieces)
- 1 lb potato (Approx 1 inch cubes)
- 1 lb onion (Roughly chopped)
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 1⁄2 pints stock (Veg or Chicken)
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley (Chopped)
- 150 ml cream
- Fry the bacon until beginning to run.
- Add the butter, potatoes and onions, fry on a low to medium heat for 15 minutes or until they are beginning to soften.
- Add the stock, milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for half an hour.
- Cool slightly.
- Add the parsley and cream.
- Heat gently.