1/6 Photos of Irish Potato and Leek Soup
This is a tasty, hearty soup for a cold winter's day or anytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups leeks, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock or 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1In large pan, heat the oil and add the leeks, celery, onion and garlic.
- 2Saute over medium heat, until the vegetables are soft.
- 3Stir in the vegetable stock or water, potatoes, salt, pepper& thyme; bring to a boil.
- 4Simmer over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork.
- 5Add the cream and herbs and return to a light simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 6Remove the soup from the heat and let sit a few minutes before serving.
- 7Serve with warm bread.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Potato and Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.1
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 657.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: