10 hrs 20 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Lori Titus of The Bee Folks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1587.57 g chuck-eye beef roast or 1587.57 g seven-bone roast or 1587.57 g top-blade roast
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml carrots, cut in 2-inch chunks
- 473.18 ml red potatoes, cut in 2-inch chunks
- 2 medium leeks, cut in half lengthwise, washed well, and cut across in 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 236.59 ml parsnip, cut in 2-inch chunks
- 473.18 ml beef broth
- 236.59 ml irish ale or 236.59 ml stout beer or 236.59 ml hard apple cider
- 118.29 ml honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml dried thyme
- 118.29 ml cold water
- 1Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge roast in flour mixture. Save remaining flour mixture for gravy.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet or frying pan, and sear roast on all sides until well browned.
- 3In crockpot, layer vegetables, ale, and beef broth on the bottom, then meat, then honey, then onions, garlic, and thyme. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high 4-5 hours. (Alternatively, roast in a 375°F oven for 2 1/2 hrs or until meat is very tender.).
- 4Mix water and reserved flour in bowl. Drain juices from crockpot into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then add flour slurry. Cook on medium-high heat until thick and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 463.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 31.0 g