2 hrs 20 mins
Rich Guinness Cake with whiskey infused fruit - from a recipe from my Grandmother who was chef in large house in Ireland in 1930's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put mixed dried fruit in a bowl with couple of teaspoons of Whiskey (more if you are inclined!) Allow to soak overnight. Fruit will absorb the whiskey.
- 2Preheat oven to 375 or Gas Mark 5.
- 3Sieve flour. Combine flour, sugar, butter and spice. Crumble it with your fingers but not as fine as you would for pastry. Add fruit to dry mixture.
- 4Beat eggs with fork and add them to mixture. When you have mixed add the Guinness/Stout and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- 5Line 8 and half inch cake tin with greaseproof or parchment paper (use ready liners if available) and put mixture in tin. Put on middle shelf and cook for 2 hours. Enjoy the aroma in the house.
- 6Enjoy with a cup of tea or glass of Guinness!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Porter (Guinness) Cake
Serving Size: 1 (679 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.6
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 86.0 mg
- Sodium 211.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: