Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious served with meat or poultry.
Make and share this Irish Pickled Red Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- Core cabbage; discard any coarse leaves.
- Wash well; drain.
- Finely shred cabbage.
- Place in large stainless-steel or glass bowl.
- Add salt; stir well.
- Let stand in cool place 2 days, stirring well several times a day.
- On the third day drain cabbage well; squeeze dry in towel.
- Place in canning jars.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil; cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Cool; strain.
- Pour over cabbage in jars.
- Cover; refrigerate.
- Allow to age 3 days before serving.
- Will keep 6 weeks in refrigerator.
- Makes 4 pints.
- Irish Cooking.