A bit of a twist from a Food Network recipe
Make and share this Irish Peas and Cabbage Scottish Style recipe from Food.com.
- In a deep frying pan, heat 1 TBSP olive oil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, boil a small pot of water, and blanche peas (cook for 2 minutes).
- Add bacon, cook until just browned.
- Add onions, and cook until they just start to change color, about 5 minutes.
- Add cabbage and peas, stir well.
- Add butter and chicken broth, stir and cover.
- Lower heat to low-medium and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Very nice vegetable dish! Comfort food at it's best. I've cooked just plain cabbage in a similar method but never with the extras and it was absolutely excellent. I think I overcooked it just a wee bit but it was still delicious and thoroughly enjoyed as a side to pork roast. Two thumbs up from the entire family :). Thanks for posting AccidentalHomemaker! Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 2011.