1/3 Photos of Irish Oatmeal Muffins
6 hrs 40 mins
6 hrs 20 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From The Breakfast Book by Marion Cunningham, posted for ZWT III. These sound great, though you have to plan ahead. I plan to try these very soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the buttermilk and the oats at least 6 hours (preferably overnight) before mixing and baking the muffins.
- 2Stir well, cover and let rest in the refrigerator.
- 3Preheat the oven to 400. Grease the muffin tins.
- 4Put the eggs in a mixing bowl and beat just till the yolks and whites are blended.
- 5Add the sugar and beat till smooth and well blended.
- 6Add the buttermilk-oatmeal mixture.
- 7Add the flour, baking soda, salt and oil.
- 8Beat till batter is well mixed.
- 9Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full of batter. They usually bake about 20 minutes, but start testing for doneness after 15 minutes.
- 10Either remove the muffins from the tins and cool on racks or serve hot from the pan.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Oatmeal Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1074 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 178.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g