1/4 Photos of Irish Oatmeal Cookies With Raisins and Walnuts
Delicious! The best oatmeal cookies ever! Moist and chewy, and delicious--these cookies are everything an oatmeal cookie should be, and more! The raisins are plumped in Irish whiskey before adding to the batter, and there are plenty of nuts and just a hint of cinnamon in these yummy cookies. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 3 -4 tablespoons Irish whiskey (or water)
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco or 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats or 2 1/4 cups mccann's quick-cooking irish oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cups broken walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for tops of cookies (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place raisins into a small saucepan, add the whiskey or water and bring to the boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Off the heat, cover and set aside to steep.
- 3In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to cream together the shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- 4In another bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk.
- 5Gradually add the dry ingredients to the shortening mixture, mixing with a wooden spoon.
- 6Stir in the oats, then blend in the raisins and the walnuts; mix well.
- 7Use a cookie scoop or drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Place some granulated sugar in a small bowl. Moisten the bottom of a small glass in water and dip into sugar, then press the glass gently onto the top of each cookie to slightly flatten.
- 9Bake in preheated 350F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges and centers are set--do NOT over bake.
- 10Let cookies cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, then use a spatula to carefully remove warm cookies to wire rack to completely cool. DO NOT leave cookies on cookie sheet longer than a minute or two, or they will become stuck.
- 11Store in an airtight container or freezer bag; these cookies freeze well.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Oatmeal Cookies With Raisins and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 122.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g