Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
wonderful for an afternoon tea
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups superfine sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups mccann's irish quick-cooking oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the large bowl cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and oatmeal.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared sheet, leaving space between.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool.