Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great accompaniment to corned beef and cabbage, or baked ham.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated prepared horseradish
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Combine cornstarch, sugar, mustard and salt in quart pan.
- Add water.
- Stir over low heat until mixture thickens and boils. Remove from heat; add butter, vinegar, and horseradish.
- Beat a little of hot mixture into egg yolks; then add yolk mixture into pan.
- Cook slowly, stirring until sauce thickens slightly. Serve.
I thought this was fantastic! I used Coleman's for my dry mustard and served this with leftover ham for lunch. Made for CQ 2015
I'm sorry, I was expecting more of a mustard taste, but the only smell/flavor that came through was the cider vinegar. Maybe I did something wrong, but this didn't work for me. Sorry Jackie.