Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead there is freezing time.
- 118.29 ml freshly brewed strong coffee
- 236.59 ml milk
- 19.71 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 236.59 ml cream whiskey liqueur, chilled (I would use about 1/4 of this amount)
- In a small saucepan, combine coffee, milk and cocoa.
- Heat the mixture over moderate heat, whisking, until the cocoa is dissolved, and let it cool.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the liqueur, pour the mixture into a metal ice tray fitted with the divider, and freeze it until it is frozen solid.
- The coffee mixture may be prepared up to this point 1 day in advance.
- In a blender, blend the frozen coffee mixture with the remaining 1/2 cup liqueur, scraping down the sides occasionally, until the mixture is smooth but still frozen.
- Serve in 2 stemmed glasses.
Wonderful! I cut the recipe in half and it was perfect! I made this again so I could take a photo and of course as an after dinner treat. Made for the Summer Comfort Cafe 2009.