Recipe by Sharon123
This is typically called Champ, but this one has some added ingredients! Adapted from Cooking Light.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Very good! Served with corned beef, Irish soda bread, and roasted carrots for St. Patrick's Day. Light and fluffy without being full of butter and fat. Only change I made was to put potato mixture through a large-holed ricer. Love those Cooking Light recipes, thanks for sharing!
- 3 lbs peeled yukon gold potatoes or 3 lbs red potatoes, halved
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large stockpot; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Drain.
- Return potato mixture to pan. Add cream cheese, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper; mash with a potato masher. Spoon potato mixture into a 1 1/2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Note: This can be made a day ahead; just cool, cover, and refrigerate. Reheat in oven or microwave.