Recipe by Bergy
The leeks give a mild onion flavor to the potatoes. This is a reasonably low cal. recipe. If you wish this recipe to be strict vegetarian/vegan use soy milk or vegetable broth instead of milk
Top Review by Eileen1
I not a cooking enthusiast, so I'm always looking for recipes that are quick and easy. This recipe doesn't require many ingredients or a lot of time. Plus, it cuts the fat without compromising taste. I'm passing it on to friends and family.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped leek, well cleaned
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another saucepan combine leeks and the milk.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally and cook until the leeks are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain Potatoes and return them to the pot, mash until smooth.
- Stir in Oil and warm leeks with the milk.
- Season to taste.