The leeks give a mild onion flavor to the potatoes. This is a reasonably low cal. recipe. If you wish this recipe to be strict vegetarian/vegan use soy milk or vegetable broth instead of milk
- Boil potatoes until tender about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in another saucepan combine leeks and the milk.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally and cook until the leeks are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain Potatoes and return them to the pot, mash until smooth.
- Stir in Oil and warm leeks with the milk.
- Season to taste.