I made this for St Patty's one year from a FoodNetwork recipe. Unfortunately my paper copy is missing and it's no longer on the FN site, but some kind soul saved it for the masses. I'm going to re-post it on Zaar so I never lose it again! This is a great Mac n Cheese for people who are done with the box or nasty ol' Velveeta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 teaspoons butter, Kerrygold
- 2 teaspoons shallots, chopped
- 3/4 cup Guinness stout or 3/4 cup other dry irish stout beer
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, Kerrygold grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, Kerrygold Vintage grated
- 1/2 cup dubliner cheese, Kerrygold grated
- 3 1/2 cups pasta, cooked and cooled (clover-shaped if available, otherwise elbow)
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350° F and butter a 9x13-inch baking dish or six 6-ounce ramekins.
- 2Cook pasta acording to its directions. Al dente is fine. Cool pasta and set aside for later.
- 3In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon of the butter. Add the shallots and cook until soft, but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the Guinness and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Then add the cream and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 5Seperately, Melt remaining 2 teaspoons of butter.
- 6In a bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cheese, and cream mixture.
- 7Pour into prepared pan or ramekins. Top with bread crumbs and spoon melted butter over the top.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes, until bread crumbs are lightly browned and sauce is bubbling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Macaroni and Cheese With Stout
Serving Size: 1 (534 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1203.4
- Calories from Fat 549
- Total Fat 61.0 g
- Saturated Fat 37.2 g
- Cholesterol 206.8 mg
- Sodium 489.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 28.2 g