Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I have not tried this recipe but it sounded so good I thought I would post it. It is from the cookbook "Elegant Irish Cooking"
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, fine dice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cauliflower, bite sized pieces
- 3 cups broccoli, bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add onions ginger& salt.
- Stir fry over medium heat 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and cauliflower, cover and steam 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and continue steaming 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice just before serving.
- Sprinkle with the lemon zest& serve immediately.
I'm sorry we didn't like it.
Delicious! I am always looking for ways to dress up broccoli and this is a great way to do so. And I like that is has all this flavor without a buttery "sauce". I doubled the amount of ginger, based on Paula's review. Made for Holiday Sides game at kittencalskitchen.com
I made this recipe with brocli-flower and frozen broccoli and it was terrific. My 4 year old daughter ate it and I even finished off the liquid left over in the pan. YUM! Lemon, ginger, onions and salt. What simple ingredients and yet so flavorful together! Easy to make too.