...for 2! From Best Recipes. Begoirra!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shredded frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup green cabbage, shredded finely (read *NOTE)
- 1 tablespoon carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion, finely minced (my addition)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten (or 1/4 cup egg whites)
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1*NOTE: For convenience, use packaged coleslaw mix if you wish.
- 2In a mixing bowl combine the hash brown potatoes, cabbage and carrots (or coleslaw mix), onion, egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- 3If you have time, refrigerate the potato/cabbage mixture for about 15-20 minutes before frying.
- 4Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Lightly grease.
- 5Scoop and pack the cabbage batter into a greased 1/2 cup measuring cup. Gently invert the cup into the skillet. Repeat.
- 6When the batter begins to sizzle, with a spatula gently press down to flatten into a pancake; about 1/2" thick and 4" in diameter.
- 7Cook until the pancakes brown on one side; approximately 5 minutes. Turn over with spatula and cook other side another 4-5 minutes.
- 8Serve each pancake topped with applesauce, sour cream and a sprinkle of salt.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Latkes for 2
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.1
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 111.0 mg
- Sodium 358.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g