Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT8- Great Britain.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs boneless lamb, for stew
- 3 tablespoons lard or 3 tablespoons drippings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill seed
- 4 medium potatoes, cut in quarters
- 4 carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 12 boiling onions
- 1 lb green beans, broken in half
- Season 1/4 cup flour with salt and pepper; dredge lamb with seasoned flour.
- Brown meat slowly in lard; pour off drippings.
- Add dill seed and 2 cups water; cover tightly and cook slowly 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and onions; cook 30 minutes longer.
- Add green beans; cover tightly and continue cooking 20 minutes, or until meat is tender and vegetables are done.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a heated platter.
- Add enough water to make 2 cups liquid; then thicken liquid with 3 Tblsp. of flour for gravy.