Irish Lamb Stew With Dill
- Season 1/4 cup flour with salt and pepper; dredge lamb with seasoned flour.
- Brown meat slowly in lard; pour off drippings.
- Add dill seed and 2 cups water; cover tightly and cook slowly 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and onions; cook 30 minutes longer.
- Add green beans; cover tightly and continue cooking 20 minutes, or until meat is tender and vegetables are done.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a heated platter.
- Add enough water to make 2 cups liquid; then thicken liquid with 3 Tblsp. of flour for gravy.