Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lamb casserole from "Classic Home Cooking". Haven't tried it yet but it looks good ...
Make and share this Irish Lamb Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Layer half the potatoes into a flameproof casserole dish; then half the onions, then the chops and the next 5 ingredients.
- Add the remaining onions, then the potatoes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Pour enough water to fill half the casserole, and then bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until lamb and potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and increase temperature to 425 degrees, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.