Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Lamb casserole from "Classic Home Cooking". Haven't tried it yet but it looks good ...
Make and share this Irish Lamb Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 lbs shoulder lamb chops, trimmed
- parsley sprig
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4-2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Layer half the potatoes into a flameproof casserole dish; then half the onions, then the chops and the next 5 ingredients.
- Add the remaining onions, then the potatoes, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Pour enough water to fill half the casserole, and then bring to a boil.
- Cover tightly and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until lamb and potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and increase temperature to 425 degrees, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
about to cook it but it sounds like Mum made - let you know regards peter