1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 40 mins
a tasty lamb stew
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 g lean lamb pieces
- 110 g rindless bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 carrots, diced
- 500 ml chicken stock (approx)
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 spring onions
- mashed potatoes, for thickening (optional)
- 1Heat the oil in a small pan and gently fry the bacon for a few minutes.
- 2Remove and transfer to a good sized casserole dish,placed over a moderate heat.
- 3Add the lamb pieces and gently stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle on the flour and stir in well.
- 5Add the onions, garlic and diced carrots.
- 6Pour over the chicken stock, cover and cook in the oven at 190C degrees for 1 1/4 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- 7Then add the diced potatoes and cook for a further 20 minutes until they are done.
- 8Season to taste.
- 9If you wish to thicken the stew, stir in some mashed potato.
- 10Serve stew in separate bowls, generously sprinkled with parsley and chopped spring onions.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Lamb Stew
Serving Size: 1 (691 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1360.1
- Calories from Fat 1037
- Total Fat 115.2 g
- Saturated Fat 50.0 g
- Cholesterol 209.0 mg
- Sodium 344.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: