Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
a tasty lamb stew
Make and share this Irish Lamb Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 600 g lean lamb pieces
- 110 g rindless bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 carrots, diced
- 500 ml chicken stock (approx)
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 spring onions
- mashed potatoes, for thickening (optional)
- Heat the oil in a small pan and gently fry the bacon for a few minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a good sized casserole dish,placed over a moderate heat.
- Add the lamb pieces and gently stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle on the flour and stir in well.
- Add the onions, garlic and diced carrots.
- Pour over the chicken stock, cover and cook in the oven at 190C degrees for 1 1/4 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Then add the diced potatoes and cook for a further 20 minutes until they are done.
- Season to taste.
- If you wish to thicken the stew, stir in some mashed potato.
- Serve stew in separate bowls, generously sprinkled with parsley and chopped spring onions.
Very good! I cut the oil to 1 T and added another clove of garlic and 1 t rosemary. Very comforting on a cold day! I will make this again! Thanks Evie*!
Absolutely delicious and savoury comfort food - didn't change a thing in the recipe and we loved it. Would give it six stars if I could! Thanks for posting Evie!