1/1 Photo of Irish Lamb or Beef Stew
2 hrs 30 mins
Although I usually reserve making this in the winter months, we love this anytime. Easy and a good comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 3 lbs lamb (can substitute lean beef for stewing)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef broth, undiluted
- 6 carrots, cut into 2-inch, slices
- 12 small boiling onions
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients.
- 2Pour over meat in a shallow dish.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours.
- 4Drain meat, reserving marinade.
- 5Discard bay leaves.
- 6Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat; brown meat in oil.
- 7Add consomme and reserved marinade; bring to a boil.
- 8Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Add carrots, onions, and potatoes; cover and cook another 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Lamb or Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (4101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1692.4
- Calories from Fat 695
- Total Fat 77.3 g
- Saturated Fat 25.9 g
- Cholesterol 288.0 mg
- Sodium 2135.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.2 g
- Sugars 25.1 g
- Protein 94.7 g