Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are such tasty cookies, I really do love them, and they are so good with a cup of vanilla tea!!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking irish oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Using electric mixer and paddle attachment, beat first 5 ingredients in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add oatmeal, flour and salt. Beat just until soft dough forms. Transfer dough to waxed paper; shape dough into ball. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Using 1 tablespoons dough for each, shape dough into twelve balls. Place 3 balls on prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly apart. Flatten dough balls with your palms. Bake until golden brown and "lacy", about 10 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet until firm, about 2 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough balls,.